Search This Blog

Monday 28 September 2015

Updating Fail...

Hey Guys!

So if you read my last blog post you will know that I am not that greatest at technology so like to stick with the tried and tested.

Well I saw I had an update for my phone and iTunes, now I previously have not installed any of these updates before because Working Man had done this on his iPod a few months ago and it messed around with most of his apps and it now doesn't work properly. So I was trying to be the wise guy and not update to be safe.

But what a nightmare! Wise guy me thought maybe the fix to my Snapchat problems is that I just need to update my iOS, but how wrong I was!

Now the first thing to do before updating is backup your phone/computer. Check.
Now to install software. Check. (Except this is where it went wrong, very wrong...)

My iTunes was not up-to-date so I could therefore not plug in my phone, which had just updated and needed to access iTunes for my data. Hence I (stupidly) unplugged and plugged my phone back in wiping my information, resetting my entire phone. Major face palm #1.

Next my iTunes would not update because my computer needed Windows 10, which I had not installed because I thought: Who needs Windows 10 when Windows 7 works just fine? Well I finally realised why I now needed it when it was to late... Major face palm #2

What a sleepless night that was and I was on the verge of a trowing everything against the wall and giving up! but luckily I didn't because the good news was that after work the next day I spent the entire evening trying to fix my mistake and it worked (I feel so relieved)! All my data is back and all my software is up-to-date.

So guys stay on top of your updates! Don't try to be the wise guy like me and think that you don't need to do this kind of stuff, trust me I learnt my lesson. Chin up and try and fix it, it just might work like it did for me.

Has something like this ever happened to any of you? Hopefully you were able to recover?

Just a little thought from my corner, Love
SP x

P.S: The update didn't fix my Snapchat.




No comments:

Post a Comment